In an effort to keep our communities safe and following university COVID-19 protocols, the 2021 Ohio LSAMP Symposium was held online.
The Spring 2021 Virtual Student Research Symposium was held Thursday, April 1, 2021 from 1:00 - 3:00pm. The event featured five LSAMP Scholars research presentations and a panel discussion about undergraduate research. Almost 60 faculty, staff, students, and guests attended the virtual symposium.
2021 Virtual Symposium Presenters:
- Camaryn Bennett (Miami University)
- Title: "Adding Transient Bonds into Hyperelastic Models"
- Annika Diaz (Ohio State University)
- Title: "A Framework to Assess the Impacts of Renewable Energy Technology (FAIRET)"
- Immaculee Ingabire, Aryanna Liddington, & Joshua Uy (Miami University)
- Title: “Exploring the Potential of Phage Therapy”
- Doria Lee (Central State University)
- Title: “A Topological Space with Its Properties”
- Aston Waitee III (Wright State University)
- Title: “Zinc Deficiency Induced NFkB Activation Drives Sodium Chloride Co-Transporter Upregulation”
Undergraduate Research Panelists:
- Keith Hohn, PhD (Miami University)
- Professor and Chair, Department of Chemical, Paper, and Biomedical Engineering
- Marcela Hernandez, PhD (Ohio State University)
- Administrator Director, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
- Tyra Robertson (Ohio State University)
- Matthew Estrada (Ohio State University)